Programming Approach: Constantly Varied Functional Fitness
At Troy, our programming approach is classic CrossFit. Our 15 day template is inspired by Greg Glassman himself. He designed 3 templates designed to be used by gyms that were open Monday-Friday, with 2 rest days on the weekend. These templates are a clean balance between monostructural (cardio), gymnastics, and weightlifting movements. We combined the 3 templates into one, 15 day template with the goals of keeping our members healthy and giving them a constantly varied, well-balanced, workout stimulus regardless of attendance schedule.
Across the focuses we strive for balance as well. You may notice that the weightlifting days have varying loads from heavy to light. The gymnastics sessions break into days with skill focuses or strength building focuses. Our monostructural days implement different effort and rest intervals to stimulate your body’s various energy reproduction systems.
No plan is perfect. However, it is important that a ton of critical thinking goes into the plan and that the plan serves the WHYs of the gym’s members. At Troy CrossFit our mission is to make health, fitness, and a powerful life accessible to all. And by all we are referring to anyone from a beginner to those who like to compete. Our workouts are designed to challenge everyone regardless of experience and keep everyone healthy and coming back for more.
Use the programming to your advantage! If general health, longevity, strength and energy for your everyday life are your goals, then choose your days and come workout regardless of what the workout is! Holes in your fitness are created by skipping days with movements that you don’t like. No one wants holes!
M: Monostructural Conditioning
- Jumping Rope
- Chest to Bar Pullups, Chin Over Bar Pullups, Ring Rows
- Ring Muscle Ups, Bar Muscle Ups
- Toes to Bar, Knees to Elbows, Knee Tucks
- Handstand Pushups, Hand-Release Pushups, Pushups
- Air Squats, Lunges
- L-Sits, Hollow Rocks, Situps, V-Ups, Tuck-Ups, Bird Dogs
- Box Jumps, Broad Jumps
- Back Squat, Front Squat, Overhead Squat
- Deadlift, Sumo Deadlift
- Squat Clean, Power Clean, Sumo Deadlift High Pull
- Squat Snatch, Power Snatch
- Clean & Jerk
- Split Jerk, Push Jerk, Push Press, Strict Press
- Wallballs, Medicine Ball Cleans
- Weighted Lunges, Weighted Box Step Ups, Bulgarian Split Squats